Saturday 14 May 2011

Eurovision Party

It was Eurovision on Saturday and what better way to enjoy it than at Marie's Eurovision party.

This must have meant an awful lot of work for her as it involved producing food & drink from all 25 competing countries! She did an excellent job, especially because the vast majority of the dishes were suitable for vegetarians!

There were way too many dishes to mention them all, but my favorites were the Aubergine Parmigiana, Stuffed Tomatoes and Goulash, along with the carrot bread rolls.




So Eurovision itself... The worst one in many a year I thought, with less songs that I really liked than I can ever remember. It was saying something that Jedward were amongst the best acts on the night, eclipsing Blue. My personal favourite was Germany, the same girl as won last year doing a song that was very much the type of song I like but not typical Eurovision stuff.

So Azerbaijan won, something not many expected, except my friend Grant who publicly predicted it on Twitter and Facebook and who had the strength of conviction to put a tenner on them. At 17-1 that was a fair scoop!
Location:Billingham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the songs were the strongest in ages, there were several I really liked and wanted to win (not ours!). I was quite happy with Azerbaijan's win, their song was on my 'OK' list. Worst one was France's - how the hell were they ever tipped to win?! Awful!