Friday 13 May 2011

Big Sizzling Pub

Lunch today was at The Owington Farm, one of the Big Sizzling Pub chain. The menu is pretty decent with a lot of veggie options including dishes with Quorn in them - my favourite!

I decided to go for the char grilled Quorn fillets; if i'd thought about this more I might have decided against it - Quorn has little moisture and no fat in it, so grilling it usually just turns it to cardboard. The fillets in this dish had narrowly avoided that fate, having a thin cardboardy exterior but still being quite juicy inside. The excellent jug of piri piri sauce that came with it helped to fully revive it. The "seasoned" chips and Mexican rice were excellent accompaniments. All in all a nice meal.




Only one choice for dessert, the mega chocolatey curly wurly mini-egg brownie, raspberry & ice cream "sharing" sundae. Sharing? Who shares a dessert, especially one with chocolate goodness in it?




It was bloody enormous, and had way too much ice cream in it! Lesser men (eg Kell) have struggled and "looked ill" when tackling this - bloody wimps.

Kell did offer to pay for another plus give me a tenner if I could manage to eat it. I politely declined - even I have my limits.

The afternoon was spent strangely dry-mouthed. Something about that meal - probably the dessert - was dehydrating me. I did nowt but drink water all afternoon (as well as working hard, obviously).

I'm looking forward to going again, might have the fajita next time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Billingham

No comments: